Annual holiday detours of 11 bus lines begin on Black Friday, return for season’s busiest shopping days through December 26
It’s that time of year, when TriMet teams up with holiday helpers to keep people moving around Clackamas Town Center. The influx of shoppers on the busiest days of the season can bring parking lots to a standstill. That’s why we’re getting ready for our annual holiday detours around the mall, to help our riders avoid congestion and do our part to keep everyone moving.
Starting Friday, Nov. 25, we will begin detours on 11 bus lines that serve the mall at Southeast 82nd Avenue and Sunnyside Road. The detours are temporary and will be in place between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. on select dates through Monday, Dec. 26. We understand that this temporary change will mean some inconvenience for our riders, and we thank them for their patience as we do our best to keep the “Bah! Humbug!” out of the holiday season!
2022 holiday detour details
- 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 71, 72, 79, 152, 155, 156
- Friday, Nov. 25
- Saturday, Dec. 17 – Saturday, Dec. 24
- Monday, Dec. 26
- 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
The Clackamas Town Center Transit Center will remain open, and the detour will not affect MAX Green Line service. We encourage riders to plan an extra 15 minutes for travel while the detour is in place.
Temporary stop locations
- When detours are in effect, bus stops near the Clackamas Town Center Transit Center will be closed. These stops (ID 13247 and ID 13248) are located off of Ring Road, which loops around the parking lot.
- The stop for eastbound Clackamas Town Center buses (ID 12921) will be closed and moved to a temporary location between the entrance of the Cinema and Monterey Avenue.
- From the temporary stop, buses will travel to the SE Fuller Rd MAX Station, where riders can transfer to the MAX Green Line.
- At the Fuller Rd MAX Station, riders can board a Green Line train to continue to the Clackamas Town Center mall stop (ID 12922).
- Westbound buses will serve a temporary stop at the SE Fuller Rd MAX Station before continuing to the Clackamas Town Center Mall stop (ID 12922).
- Signs will be posted and Customer Service staff will be on hand at the closed stops to help riders find their buses and answer questions.
Tips for going from a bus to the MAX Green Line
- Stay onboard your bus and continue to SE Fuller Rd MAX Station.
- Board a bus at the temporary stop between the cinema and Monterey Avenue and transfer to MAX at the SE Fuller Rd MAX Station.
- Get off at the Clackamas Town Center Mall stop (ID 12922) and proceed about ½ mile to Clackamas Town Center Transit Center to board MAX.
Tips for going from the MAX Green Line to a bus
- Proceed about ½ mile from Clackamas Town Center Transit Center to Clackamas Town Center Mall stop (ID 12922) to catch a bus.
- Get off MAX at SE Fuller Rd MAX Station and board a bus at the temporary stop in the parking lot.
Thank you and happy holidays!
We appreciate our riders’ understanding as we make adjustments to safely and efficiently serve the community. If you need help or have questions, our Customer Service team is available by phone and text at 503-238-7433 (RIDE) and on Twitter @trimethelp from 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m., seven days a week. Happy Holidays from TriMet!