Annual holiday detours of 11 bus lines help keep riders, shoppers bustling around the mall’s busy parking areas
TriMet is helping to make way for the holiday shopping season! For the ninth year in a row, we’re working with Clackamas Town Center to help keep buses, riders and shoppers moving when the mall and its parking areas are bustling! Starting Friday, Nov. 26, we will temporarily detour buses on 11 lines to reduce delays caused by extra traffic, especially in parking lots. We understand that this temporary change can cause some inconvenience for our riders, and we thank them for the patience as we do our part to make the holiday season happier for everyone!
2021 holiday detour details
- 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 71, 72, 79, 152, 155, 156
- Friday, Nov. 26
- Saturday, Dec. 11 – Sunday, Dec. 12
- Saturday, Dec. 18 – Friday, Dec. 24
- Sunday, Dec. 26
- 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
The Clackamas Town Center Transit Center will remain open, and the detour will not affect MAX Green Line service. We encourage riders to plan an extra 15 minutes for travel while the detour is in place.
Temporary stop locations
- When detours are in effect, bus stops near the Clackamas Town Center Transit Center will be closed. These stops (ID 13247 and ID 13248) are located off of Ring Road, which loops around the parking lot.
- The stop for eastbound Clackamas Town Center buses (ID 12921) will be closed and moved to a temporary location between the entrance of the Cinema and Monterey Avenue.
- From the temporary stop, buses will travel to the SE Fuller Rd MAX Station, where riders can transfer to the MAX Green Line.
- At the Fuller Rd MAX Station, riders can board a Green Line train to continue to the Clackamas Town Center mall stop (ID 12922).
- Westbound buses will serve a temporary stop at the SE Fuller Rd MAX Station before continuing to the Clackamas Town Center Mall stop (ID 12922).
- Signs will be posted and Customer Service staff will be on hand at the closed stops to help riders find their buses and answer questions.
Tips for going from a bus to the MAX Green Line
- Stay onboard your bus and continue to SE Fuller Rd MAX Station.
- Board a bus at the temporary stop between the cinema and Monterey Avenue and transfer at the SE Fuller Rd MAX Station.
- Get off at the Clackamas Town Center Mall stop (ID 12922) and proceed about ½ mile to Clackamas Town Center Transit Center.
Tips for going from the MAX Green Line to a bus
- Proceed about ½ mile from Clackamas Town Center Transit Center to Clackamas Town Center Mall stop (ID 12922).
- Get off MAX at SE Fuller Rd MAX Station and board bus at the temporary stop in the parking lot.
Thank you and happy holidays!
We appreciate our riders’ understanding as we make adjustments to safely and efficiently serve the community. If you need help or have questions, our Rider Support team is available by phone and text at 503-238-7433 (RIDE) and on Twitter @trimethelp from 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m., seven days a week.