With a hop, skip and a jump, the regional Hop Fastpass™ electronic fare card takes off
Hop Fastpass™ electronic fare system just hit another milestone: one million taps in the first 80 days! That means one million boardings across TriMet, C-TRAN and Portland Streetcar using Hop cards or mobile wallets since the public launch in mid-July.
With Hop Fastpass™, riders load fare to their Hop card and tap each time they ride. It’s easy! There’s no need to carry cash or to stop by the ticket vending machine. And there are lots of benefits.
Hop is convenient!
- Cards are available at a growing network of retail outlets including Fred Meyer, New Seasons and Safeway. Plaid Pantry is coming soon!
- Riders can add value in store, at myhopcard.com, with the Hop mobile app and by phone at 1-844-MYHOPCARD.
- Also growing in popularity: The Hop mobile wallet feature gives riders the option to purchase Adult fare simply with a tap of their smartphone.
Hop is intuitive!
- Hop allows for seamless trips and transfers across TriMet, C-TRAN and Portland Streetcar.
- The system does the math! Transfer to a mode with higher fare, a tap with Hop deducts the difference. Transfer to a mode with lower fare, simply tap and pay nothing more!
- Riders with registered Hop accounts also have the option of auto-loading fare. You will never be without a fare!
Hop saves money!
- Any time a Hop card user taps for two separate rides in one day that are at least 2 ½ hours a part, they earn a day pass.
- Once a Hop card user accrues 20-day passes within a calendar month, they will earn a month pass and ride free for the rest of the month!
- Hop doesn’t store account information on the card itself, so if a registered card is lost or stolen, funds can be protected.
Tap with every ride.
- Riders must tap their card or phone with each trip they take.
- Riders using their mobile wallet to pay fare should remember to keep their phones charged and handy.
- Each tap moves cardholders closer to earning day and month passes.
- Staff conduct random fare inspections using an app that shows whether the last tap of a Hop card is still valid.
Hop is the next generation of transit fare, offering a cash-free, hassle-free option that’s valid throughout the Portland-Vancouver metro area. It’s one more way TriMet is Making Transit Better. Hop Fastpass – a better way to pay!