Online and in-person open house provide updates on project design and progress
On Thursday, June 29, TriMet’s Division Transit Project staff will host an open house to update the public on the current design and progress of the project. The community is invited to attend the event to learn about the proposed project route, station locations and station types. The public will have the opportunity to share feedback with project staff.
Portland Community College Southeast
Community Annex Hall
2305 SE 82nd Avenue, Portland
Thursday, June 29, 5-7:30 p.m.
An online open house is currently active and offers another way for people to learn about the project’s progress over the last six months, explore the current design and leave feedback. Visit trimet.org/division/openhouse.
The online open house will be active through July 6.
About the Division Transit Project
The 14-mile project will bring high-capacity bus service to SE Division Street between Downtown Portland, Southeast and East Portland and Gresham with easier, faster and more reliable trips. About the project:
- 60-foot articulated buses with 60% more room for riders than standard 40-foot buses
- Multiple-door boarding for shorter stops
- Transit signal priority: Traffic signals prioritize bus travel, getting riders to their destinations faster
- These improvements will reduce travel times 15 to 20 percent, with buses running every 15 minutes and even more often during rush hour.
- Bus stops expanded into stations, with amenities such as weather protection
- Cost is $175 million, with $100 million expected to come from the Federal government
- Construction expected to begin in fall 2018, opening in 2021