Plan extra time for trips into and through downtown
With large crowds expected Saturday, Jan. 21, due to the Women’s March on Portland, TriMet will run as much MAX service as possible. All MAX lines and many bus lines serve Portland City Center and will drop riders a short distance from Tom McCall Waterfront Park for the march and rally.
Tips for traveling to the Women’s March
- TriMet plans to run regular Saturday schedules with extra MAX service.
- All MAX lines and many bus lines serve Portland City Center.
- TriMet’s online trip planner makes it easy to plan your trip with information on travel and walk times, transfers and cost. Visitorg.
- Plan an extra 30 minutes for trips due to the crowds, and head downtown early if possible.
- Check org/alerts before you go for any service adjustments.
- TriMet has a number of Park & Rides but on big event days those closest to Portland City Center tend to fill up early. Check out trimet.org/parkandride for options.
- Fares are required on all TriMet vehicles and the TriMet Tickets mobile app makes paying your fare easy and convenient. Just download the free app for your Android or iPhone and you can buy fares for you and your family anytime, anywhere. There’s no need to keep track of paper tickets; they’re stored in your phone. Learn how easy it is at trimet.org/app.
- Avoid bringing big strollers on MAX. As the trains get crowded, those with a big stroller may have to wait. The same goes for those with bikes.
- We encourage everyone, participants and spectators, to stay alert around our buses and trains. Take just a moment to stop and look both ways before crossing streets and train tracks. Don’t cross against the light or get distracted by your smartphone. Our operators will be watching out for you, but please watch for our vehicles too.
- If you see something suspicious, say something. Alert a TriMet employee, a police officer, or call 9-1-1.
Plan extra time for trips Saturday afternoon
- Plan extra time for trips and expect delays on Saturday afternoon.
- The march crosses MAX Blue and Red Line tracks in several areas.
- Some buses may also experience delays or detours.
- Check trimet.org/alerts before you head out.