Tips for navigating the Rose Festival Fleet arrival
Plan extra time to your MAX trips on Wednesday and Thursday, June 3 and 4, as the Rose Festival Fleet sails into town. U.S. Navy, U.S Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Navy ships, along with a few other vessels, will pull into port along the Portland Waterfront, requiring several bridges including the Steel Bridge to lift several times.
Navigating the Rose Festival Fleet arrival
- Plan extra time if commuting across the Willamette River on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
- Please be patient. All MAX trains will be stopped for Steel Bridge lifts as ships pull in.
- TriMet operations crews will be monitoring the lifts and adjusting service as necessary, which may include shuttle MAX riders across the river in buses.
- Buses that travel across the Broadway, Steel and Burnside bridges – lines 4, 8, 12, 17, 19, 20, 35, 44 and 77 – will also experience delays as they detour to other bridges.
- Consider taking other bus lines that cross the river only using the Hawthorne and Ross Island bridges – lines 6, 9, 10, 14, 15, 33 and 66.
- Plan extra time to commutes on Monday morning, June 8, which is when the ships will depart, requiring several bridge lifts.
Take TriMet to take in the ships
Take TriMet to get an up close look at the Rose Festival Fleet. The ships will be docked along Waterfront Park for tours.
- Some 20 bus lines and all MAX lines serve the Portland City Center and will drop you a short distance from Waterfront Park.
- Plan your trip using TriMet’s online Trip Planner.
- Fares are required throughout the TriMet system.
- Go mobile! Download the free TriMet Tickets app to buy fares for your family. Learn how easy it is at trimet.org/mobiletickets.
- Get information about the tours, hours and restrictions at rosefestival.org.
Junior Rose Festival Parade takes to the streets
The Junior Rose Festival Parade winds through streets in the Hollywood District on Wednesday, June 3, from 1:00 p.m. through 2 p.m.
- Taking TriMet to the parade? Plan your trip there and home with our online Trip Planner
- Three bus lines – the 12, 75 and 77 – will be detoured for the parade from about 11:30 AM through about 3 p.m. Check trimet.org/alerts before you go.