TriMet wishes everyone a Happy Holidays, and to help you celebrate safely, we will be offering free rides once again on New Year’s Eve.
Christmas and New Year holiday schedules
Wednesday, December 25 (Christmas Day) and Wednesday, January 1, 2014 (New Year’s Day), TriMet will be operating on Sunday schedules. Several bus lines and WES Commuter Rail do not have service on Sundays, and TriMet customer service offices will be closed. Be sure to plan your trip accordingly.
Ride free after 8 p.m. on New Year’s Eve
On New Year’s Eve day, Wednesday, Dec. 31, TriMet will be running on a regular weekday schedule, but come 8 p.m. rides on our buses and MAX will be free. TriMet has offered this special public service for the past several years to help people celebrate safely.
Extended MAX service on New Year’s Eve
In addition to the free rides, MAX service will be extended on New Year’s Eve. MAX Blue, Green and Yellow line trains will have added late-night service running approximately every 30 minutes until about 3 a.m. Shuttle buses will provide extra service on the MAX Red Line through about 3:30 a.m.
- Last trip from Gresham to Portland City Center leaves Cleveland Ave at 2:22 a.m.
- Last trip from Hillsboro to Portland City Center leaves Hatfield Government Center at 2:22 a.m.
- Last trip to Gresham leaves Pioneer Square South at 3:12 a.m.
- Last trip to Hillsboro leaves Pioneer Square North at 3:12 a.m.
- Last trip to Portland City Center leaves Clackamas Town Center Transit Center at 1:44 a.m.
- Last trip to Clackamas leaves from Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:04 a.m.
- Last trip to Portland City Center leaves Expo Center at 2:24 a.m.
- Last Yellow trip to Expo Center leaves Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:10 a.m.
- Final trip to Rose Quarter Transit Center and Ruby Junction/E 197th leaves Expo Center at 3:42 a.m.
- Trains run on weekday schedules.
- Last trip to Portland International Airport leaves Pioneer Square South at 10:29 p.m. Last trip of the night to Beaverton Transit Center leaves the airport at 11:49 p.m.
- Shuttle buses will serve Red Line stations between Gateway Transit Center and Portland International Airport until approximately 3:30 a.m.
- The shuttle buses will run every 15 to 30 minutes.
Celebrate safely and responsibly
While TriMet operators will do the driving for you on New Year’s Eve, please celebrate responsibly. That means following simple safety requirements and behaving appropriately and respectfully while on TriMet property and vehicles.
- Pay attention around buses and trains, and be aware of their movements.
- Stay a safe distance away from vehicles as they arrive or leave stations and stops.
- On MAX platforms, stay off of the white, bumpy tactile strip at the edge of the platform.
- Use established crossings and follow all pedestrian warning and crossing signals.
- Look both ways, whether crossing a street or MAX tracks.
TriMet’s online trip planning tool, TransitTracker, maps and schedules make it easy to plan a trip, with information on travel and walk times, transfers and cost. Visit trimet.org, m.trimet.org for smartphones.