For 2015 detour information please visit trimet.org/ctcholidays
Detours on Black Friday, other busy shopping days reduce traffic and delays
With holiday deals to be had, shoppers will be flocking to Clackamas Town Center on Black Friday so TriMet will detour 10 bus lines out of the mall parking lot to reduce traffic while allowing buses to stay on schedule. The buses will serve temporary stops outside the lot from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on November 28, Black Friday, as well as on other busy shopping days during the 2014 holiday season. Routing the buses out of the parking lot during busy shopping hours has proven effective in lessening delays the past two years.
Temporary bus stops served on Monterey Avenue, SE Fuller Road MAX Station
On particularly busy shopping days, buses will not serve the Clackamas Town Center Transit Center (stop ID 13248) and the Clackamas Town Center Mall stops (stop IDs 12921 and 12922) near the movie theater from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m. Instead, the buses will travel on Monterey Avenue and serve temporary stops on Monterey near the mall’s parking lot entrance by the movie theater. The temporary stops are about 600 feet north of the movie theater stops and will be signed.
To connect bus riders with the MAX Green Line, buses will serve a temporary stop at the SE Fuller Road MAX Station, about a five-minute ride from Clackamas Town Center. Train operators will also make announcements at the two stops.
The detours for lines 28, 29, 30, 31, 71, 72, 79, 152, 155 and 156 will occur on the following days:
- Friday, November 28
- Saturday, Dec. 13 & Sunday, Dec. 14
- Saturday, Dec. 20 through Wednesday, Dec. 24
- Friday, December 26
Tips for riders during the holiday detours
- Plan an extra 15 minutes to your trip.
- Dress appropriately for the weather as the temporary stops do not have shelters.
- Board buses at the signed temporary stops on Monterey Avenue near the parking lot entrance by the movie theater.
- Transfer between buses and MAX Green Line at the SE Fuller Road Station.
- Board buses at the signed temporary stop at the SE Fuller Road Station.
- Avoid bringing large strollers. On buses, all strollers will need to be folded for safety.