Extra service planned during regular season
The 2013 Portland Timbers season kicks off on Sunday, March 3 at JELD-WEN Field and TriMet is geared up to help soccer fans get there. Express buses will run between downtown Portland and the stadium, and MAX Blue/Red line trains drop fans off across from JELD-WEN Field. Bus lines 15 and 20 also serve the area. Plan your trip there with TriMet’s online trip planner.
- Catch buses across from MAX stations at Mall/SW 5th Ave and Galleria/SW 10th Ave beginning about 90 minutes before a match.
- After the game, board express buses across from JELD-WEN Field’s main entrance on Morrison Street at 18th Ave.
- Buses drop off at three MAX stations to connect to parking garages and MAX Green/Yellow line trains:
- Library/SW 9th Ave MAX Station
- Pioneer Square South MAX Station
- Mall/SW 4th Ave MAX Station
- Standard fare required
Extra MAX service
Extra MAX trains will be available, if needed, following the match to help fans get on their way home. We remind riders and other fans to pay attention and use precaution around our trains and buses, as the crowds swell outside the stadium.
Kings Hill/SW Salmon St platform closure
Because of safety concerns, the nearby Kings Hill/SW Salmon St MAX platform will be closed two hours before game time. It will remain closed until an hour and a half after the game or until the crowd clears.
Fares checked before and after game
Riders should expect to have their fares checked when arriving at the JELD-WEN Field Station, as well as before they board trains after the matches. Riders without a valid fare face a $175 citation or exclusion from the system for up to 90 days.
Honored Citizen: $2
Honored Citizen: $1
TriMet customer service staff will be at key locations to assist fans as they travel to and from the matches:
- Sunset Transit Center Station
- Lloyd Center/NE 11th Ave Station
- Galleria/SW 10th Ave Station
- JELD-WEN Field Station