Wednesday before holiday is Airport MAX Red Line’s busiest day of the year
TriMet is gearing up for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and the Airport MAX Red Line’s busiest day of the year – the day before Thanksgiving. Extra TriMet customer service staff will be on hand at Portland International Airport (PDX) Wednesday, Nov. 21 to help assist travelers.
MAX ridership at PDX on the day before Thanksgiving is higher than on a typical weekday. Last year 3,570 riders got on or off MAX at PDX; a typical weekday in November is around 3,070 riders.
- The Red Line runs every day from about 3:30 a.m. to about 11 p.m. between Beaverton Transit Center and PDX.
- Travel time from downtown Portland to PDX takes about 40 minutes, or an hour between Beaverton and PDX.
- Trains run every 15-17 minutes during the day; every 30-35 minutes in the early morning and late at night.
- Riders can transfer to the Red Line from other MAX lines, as well as many bus lines.
- Regular fares apply.
- Overnight parking at TriMet Park & Ride lots is limited to 24 hours.