Overall ridership reaches highest level since summer 2008; WES reaches new record
In May, nearly 9.2 million trips were taken on TriMet buses, MAX and WES Commuter Rail. It’s only the third time in TriMet’s history that TriMet has provided more than 9 million rides in a month; it’s also the highest ridership since summer 2008. Ridership on WES reached a new record in May, with 1,750 average weekday trips.
System wide, weekly trips were up two percent to 2 million the second highest weekly ridership TriMet has ever provided. All figures below are compared with May 2011.
Bus, MAX & WES
- Weekly trips were up 2.0 percent to 2,085,450
- Weekday trips were up 1 percent to 341,150
- Weekend trips were up 6.6 percent to 379,700
- Rush-hour trips were up 0.7 percent to 107,050
- Weekly trips were up 2.3 percent to 1,228,700
- Weekday trips were up 1.7 percent to 205,200
- Weekend trips were up 5.6 percent to 198,700
- Rush-hour trips were up 0.2 percent to 65,400
- Weekly trips were up 1.5 percent to 852,000
- Weekday trips were down 0.1 percent to 134,200
- Weekend trips were up 7.7 percent to 181,000
- Rush-hour trips were up 1.3 percent to 39,900
MAX Green Line
- Weekday trips were up 5.6 percent to 24,600
- Weekend trips were up 5.7 percent to 27,900
- Weekday/rush-hour trips were up 6.7 percent to 1,750 – *Record high
- Weekly trips were up 6.7 percent to 8,750 – *Record high
Trip tools – TransitTracker
TransitTracker real-time arrival info is accessed more than two million times each month and available for all 6,800 bus stops and 85 MAX stations. Check it online, by mobile device, or by texting 27299 or by calling 503-238-RIDE (7433) and entering the stop ID number.
Plan your trip online
TriMet’s online trip planner makes it easy to plan a trip, with information on travel and walk times, transfers and cost. Visit trimet.org or call 503-238-RIDE (7433) weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.