WES weekday ridership sets new record; MAX Green Line weekend trips up 18.5 percent
In April there were more than 8.8 million trips taken on TriMet buses, MAX and WES Commuter Rail. For 13 consecutive months, weekday and weekly trips, and total monthly ridership have increased. System-wide, all modes were up in all categories of ridership for April.
WES reached record ridership of 1,700 weekday trips, up 5.6 percent. Overall weekend trips continued to grow, up 5.6 percent and MAX Green Line weekend trips increased 18.5 percent to 29,400 trips. All figures below are compared with April 2011.
Bus, MAX & WES
- Weekly trips were up 2.1 percent to 2,081,000
- Weekday trips were up 1.4 percent to 340,000
- Weekend trips were up 5.6 percent to 381,000
- Rush-hour trips were up 1.9 percent to 107,700
- Weekly trips were up 2.6 percent to 1,228,700
- Weekday trips were up 2.2 percent to 206,000
- Weekend trips were up 4.9 percent to 198,700
- Rush-hour trips were up 0.9 percent to 66,100
- Weekly trips were up 1.4 percent to 843,800
- Weekday trips were up 0.1 percent to 132,300
- Weekend trips were up 6.3 percent to 182,300
- Rush-hour trips were up 3.4 percent to 39,900
MAX Green Line
- Weekday trips were up 4.7 percent to 24,300
- Weekend trips were up 18.5 percent to 29,400
- Weekday/rush-hour trips were up 5.6 percent to 1,700 – *Record high
- Weekly trips were up 5.6 percent to 8,500 – *Record high
Trip tools – TransitTracker
TransitTracker real-time arrival info is accessed more than two million times each month and available for all 6,800 bus stops and 85 MAX stations. Check it online, by mobile device, or by texting 27299 or by calling 503-238-RIDE (7433) and entering the stop ID number.
Plan your trip online
TriMet’s online trip planner makes it easy to plan a trip, with information on travel and walk times, transfers and cost. Visit trimet.org or call 503-238-RIDE (7433) weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.