Monthly ridership up for 12 straight months; biggest weekend ridership increase in two years
In March there were more than 8.6 million trips taken on TriMet buses, MAX and WES Commuter Rail. For 12 consecutive months, weekday and weekly trips, and totally monthly ridership have increased.
Weekend trips were up 5.5 percent, the biggest total weekend ridership increase in two years. MAX Green Line weekend trips were up 10.8 percent to 26,700 trips. All figures below are compared with March 2011.
Bus, MAX & WES
- Weekly trips were up 1.9 percent to 1,951,400
- Weekday trips were up 1.1 percent to 319,970
- Weekend trips were up 5.5 percent to 351,600
- Rush-hour trips were up 0.2 percent to 100,770
- Weekly trips were up 1.4 percent to 1,154,200
- Weekday trips were up 0.5 percent to 193,000
- Weekend trips were up 6.0 percent to 189,200
- Rush-hour trips were down 1.6 percent to 61,600
- Weekly trips were up 2.5 percent to 789,400
- Weekday trips were up 2.0 percent to 125,400
- Weekend trips were up 4.8 percent to 162,400
- Rush-hour trips were up 3.3 percent to 37,600
MAX Green Line
- Weekday trips were up 5.5 percent to 22,900
- Weekend trips were up 10.8 percent to 26,700
- Weekday/rush-hour trips were up 3.3 percent to 1,570
- Weekly trips were up 3.3 percent to 7,850
Trip tools – TransitTracker
TransitTracker real-time arrival info is accessed more than two million times each month and available for all 6,800 bus stops and 85 MAX stations. Check it online, by mobile device, or by texting 27299 or by calling 503-238-RIDE (7433) and entering the stop ID number.
Plan your trip online
TriMet’s online trip planner makes it easy to plan a trip, with information on travel and walk times, transfers and cost. Visit trimet.org or call 503-238-RIDE (7433) weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.