Monthly ridership up for 11 straight months; WES continues double-digit increases
In February there were more than 8.2 million trips taken on TriMet buses, MAX and WES Commuter Rail. For 11 consecutive months, weekday and weekly trips, and totally monthly ridership have increased. In February, ridership increased 7.9 percent, in part due to 2012 being a leap year.
WES ridership continued its double-digit increase for 21 straight months, up 14.7 percent. MAX Green Line weekend trips were up 10.5 percent to 26,400. All figures below are compared with February 2011.
Bus, MAX & WES
- Weekly trips were up 3.6 percent to 1,982,200
- Weekday trips were up 3.4 percent to 328,640
- Weekend trips were up 4.7 percent to 339,000
- Rush-hour trips were up 2.8 percent to 104,940
- Weekly trips were up 4.1 percent to 1,189,100
- Weekday trips were up 4.0 percent to 200,200
- Weekend trips were up 4.7 percent to 188,100
- Rush-hour trips were up 1.7 percent to 64,600
- Weekly trips were up 2.8 percent to 784,900
- Weekday trips were up 2.4 percent to 126,800
- Weekend trips were up 4.8 percent to 150,900
- Rush-hour trips were up 4.0 percent to 38,700
MAX Green Line
- Weekday trips were up 8.7 percent to 23,700
- Weekend trips were up 10.5 percent to 26,400
- Weekday/rush-hour trips were up 14.7 percent to 1,640
- Weekly trips were up 14.7 percent to 8,200
Trip tools – TransitTracker
TransitTracker real-time arrival info is accessed more than two million times each month and available for all 6,800 bus stops and 85 MAX stations. Check it online, by mobile device, or by texting 27299 or by calling 503-238-RIDE (7433) and entering the stop ID number.
Plan your trip online
TriMet’s online trip planner makes it easy to plan a trip, with information on travel and walk times, transfers and cost. Visit trimet.org or call 503-238-RIDE (7433) weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.