Weekday bus ridership highest in 3 years; double-digit increases continue on WES and MAX Green Line
During December there were 7.8 million trips taken on TriMet buses, MAX and WES Commuter Rail, up nearly 1 percent from the same month last year. Weekday bus ridership was the highest since November 2008, up 5.2 percent.
MAX Green Line and WES both continued double digit increases – Green Line weekday trips increased 12.4 percent and WES was up 22.9 percent. Rush-hour ridership continues to climb, MAX up 9.5 percent and bus trips up 6.8 percent. All figures below are compared with December 2010.
Bus, MAX & WES
- Weekly trips were up 4.8 percent to 1, 817, 950
- Weekday trips were up 5.9 percent to 301,650
- Weekend trips were down 0.6 percent to 309,700
- Rush-hour trips were up 8.0 percent to 93,850
- Weekly trips were up 4.2 percent to 1,060,900
- Weekday trips were up 5.2 percent to 178,400
- Weekend trips were down 0.7 percent to 168,900
- Rush-hour trips were up 6.8 percent to 56,700
- Weekly trips were up 5.4 percent to 749,800
- Weekday trips were up 6.9 percent to 121,800
- Weekend trips were down 0.6 percent to 140,800
- Rush-hour trips were up 9.5 percent to 35,700
MAX Green Line
- Weekday trips were up 12.4 percent to 21,700
- Weekend trips were up 3.9 percent to 24,200
- Weekday/rush-hour trips were up 22.9 percent to 1,450
- Weekly trips were up 22.9 percent to 7,250
Trip tools – TransitTracker
TransitTracker real-time arrival info is accessed more than two million times each month and available for all 6,800 bus stops and 85 MAX stations. Check it online, by mobile device, or by texting 27299 or by calling 503-238-RIDE (7433) and entering the stop ID number.
Plan your trip online
TriMet’s online trip planner makes it easy to plan a trip, with information on travel and walk times, transfers and cost. Visit trimet.org or call 503-238-RIDE (7433) weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.