Plan ahead for crowded MAX trains, delays in Downtown Portland on Sunday morning, March 18
TriMet expects to see crowded MAX trains on Sunday morning, March 18 as people head to Downtown Portland for the Shamrock Run, while visitors attending the NCAA Tournament start heading out of town.
Shamrock Run events begin between 7:45 a.m. and 9:35 a.m. Those events will cross MAX light rail lines and bus routes in Downtown Portland, leading to occasional minor delays. Riders going into or through downtown, such as NCAA basketball fans heading to the airport, should plan for an additional 15 to 20 minutes to reach their destinations.
- MAX will run on Sunday schedules.
- Trains run every 35 minutes during the early morning hours; Green Line service from Clackamas Town Center does not start until 8 a.m.
- Riders should plan ahead. Check schedules or use the trip planner at trimet.org.
- The closest MAX stations to the Shamrock Run starting line are the Oak/SW 1st Ave on the Blue and Red lines, and the SW 5th & Oak and SW 6th & Pine along the Green and Yellow lines.
- Buses will run on Sunday schedules.
- Fourteen bus lines intersect the Shamrock Run courses and will be rerouted in Downtown Portland – 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 14, 15, 19, 33, 35, 44, 54, 56 and 77.
- From 7:30 a.m. through 10 a.m., Line 8 riders traveling to Marquam Hill/OHSU will be shuttled to the South Waterfront to transfer to the Portland Tram, which will be providing special service during that time. TriMet fare will be valid on the tram.
Park & Rides
TriMet has several Park & Ride lots, including at Gateway, Sunset and Willow Creek/SW 185th Ave transit centers. Visit trimet.org/parkandride for locations and hours of availability.
For complete TriMet schedules and trip planning, or to receive service updates by email, visit trimet.org or call 503-238-RIDE (7433) weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.