With about 6,500 Portland Timbers fans using transit to get to and from matches, TriMet is adjusting its game plan to help increase rider safety in the JELD-WEN Field area on game nights.
Kings Hill/SW Salmon St platform closure
Because of safety concerns, the nearby Kings Hill/SW Salmon St MAX platform will now be closed one hour before game time, beginning with the Thursday, March 1 pre-season match. It will remain closed until an hour and a half after the game or until the crowd clears. The station platform is narrow, and closing the stop helps keep people from overflowing into the street.
Fares checked before and after game
JELD-WEN Field is located outside of the Free Rail Zone, so valid fares are required to ride MAX trains. Riders should expect to have their fares checked when arriving at the JELD-WEN Field Station, as well as before they board trains after the matches. Riders without a valid fare face a $175 citation and possibly exclusion from the system for up to 90 days.
- Riders can purchase a round trip fare from TriMet customer service staff at key locations before the game or from a ticket vending machine on any MAX platform.
- Riders can purchase a return fare before the game that can be quickly validated after the game.
Express buses to run beginning March 12
Express bus service between downtown Portland and JELD-WEN Field will begin when the Timbers regular season kicks off on March 12.
- Express buses to the game will pick up passengers across from MAX stations at Mall/SW 5th Ave and Galleria/SW 10th Ave;
- After the game, riders can catch the express bus across from the stadium’s main entrance, on Morrison Street at 18th Ave. and will be dropped off at three MAX stations (Library/SW 9th Ave, Pioneer Square South and Mall/SW 4th Ave) to get to parking garages or connect with MAX Green or Yellow line trains.
- Express bus trips require the regular 2-Zone fare.
With about 6,500 fans taking transit to the matches, riders should plan ahead and allow for extra time. For complete TriMet schedules and trip planning, or to receive service updates by email, visit trimet.org or call 503-238-RIDE (7433) weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.